Personal improvement and striving for excellence on a daily basis are the essence of the team at the Oxford Blue. Once you have read through the description below and you want to step up to the mark and join our energetic, passionate and highly driven team, then send your details to email@example.com
- organisational and time management skills
- excellent communication and number skills
- the ability to stay calm under pressure
- The passion and drive to deliver the highest standards every day
What you’ll do
You will ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and guests.
Your day-to-day tasks will vary with your role, but will include:
- Preparing attractive menus to nutritional standards
- Controlling and ordering stock and inspecting it on delivery
- Gutting and preparing animals and fish for cooking
- Cooking and presenting food creatively
- Monitoring production to maintain quality and consistent portion sizes
- Working under pressure to make sure food is served on time
- Keeping to hygiene, health and safety and licensing rules
- Providing cover in other areas if required
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as requested by management
You’ll need knowledge of allergens, nutrition and diets.
- Excellent salary
- Full training
(a pool into which all tips and service charges are paid for later distribution to staff – according to agreed percentages)
- Consecutive days off
- Week in the summer off
- Christmas off
- Accommodation is available
Working hours, patterns and environment
You will work a shift pattern to provide the required cover for most efficient use of the kitchen, this may vary with circumstances (e.g. extra cover for holidays or seasonal dishes being popular).
Kitchens are hot, humid and busy and the job is physically demanding.