Personal improvement and striving for excellence on a daily basis are the essence of the team at the Oxford Blue. Once you have read through the description below and you want to step up to the mark and join our energetic, passionate and highly driven team, then send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The ability to carry out tasks quickly
- The ability to work on your own and use your initiative
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- The ability to follow instructions
What you’ll do
You’ll help to keep a kitchen running smoothly by making sure everything is clean, tidy, safe and hygienic.
You will ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and guests.
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Unloading deliveries
- Organising the storeroom
- Collecting and washing pots, pans, plates and cutlery
- Getting pots, pans plates and cutlery back into use quickly
- Washing and disinfecting kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls
- Making sure kitchen equipment is properly stored
- Removing and recycling waste from the kitchen
- Providing cover in other areas if required
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as requested by management
You might also help with basic food preparation before the kitchen or restaurant opens.
- Excellent salary
- Full training
(a pool into which all tips and service charges are paid for later distribution to staff – according to agreed percentages)
- Consecutive days off
- Week in the summer off
- Christmas off
- Accommodation is available
Working hours, patterns and environment
You will work a shift pattern to provide the required cover for most efficient use of the kitchen, this may vary with circumstances (e.g. extra cover for holidays or seasonal dishes being popular).
You’ll need knowledge of allergens, nutrition and diets.
Working conditions are usually hot and humid, and you could be working over a sink full of hot water for long periods of time.