Personal improvement and striving for excellence on a daily basis are the essence of the team at the Oxford Blue. Once you have read through the description below and you want to step up to the mark and join our energetic, passionate and highly driven team, then send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- The ability to memorise orders
- Good Numeracy skills
- To Ensure you adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance
- To ensure you maximise selling opportunities by having full product knowledge of all items available
- To maintain a happy and helpful manner and attitude throughout your work
- To be polite and courteous and help your colleagues
- To participate in staff meetings and training as required
- The passion and drive to deliver the highest standards every day
What you’ll do
You will ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and guests.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Greeting guests as they arrive and showing them to their table
- Giving out menus and taking orders for food and drink
- Serving food and drinks
- Dealing with bill payments
- Making sure tables are clean and tidy
- Ensuring you adhere to the correct standards of dress and appearance as set out in Company handbook
- Ensuring you maximise selling opportunities by having full product knowledge of all items available
- Maintaining a happy and helpful manner and attitude throughout your work
- Being polite and courteous and helping your colleagues
- Participating in staff meetings and training as required
- Providing cover in other areas if required
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as requested by management
You’ll also be on hand to answer any questions and make sure that guests enjoy their experience.
Your work may include silver service (plating the items of a meal at the table). You’ll work in a team under the supervision of the maître d’.
- Excellent salary
- Full training
(a pool into which all tips and service charges are paid for later distribution to staff – according to agreed percentages)
- Consecutive days off
- Week in the summer off
- Christmas off
- Accommodation is available
Working hours, patterns and environment
You will work a shift pattern to provide the required cover for most efficient use of the Dining Area & Bar, this may vary with circumstances (e.g. extra cover for holidays or seasonal dishes being popular).
You’ll need knowledge of allergens, nutrition and diets.
Restaurants and kitchens can be hot, humid, noisy and busy.