The Oxford Blue is a fine dining pub located in Old Windsor, Berkshire. Established in January 2017, the business has gained critical acclaim under the leadership of Chef Patron, Steven Ellis.
Having worked first under Jamie Oliver at Fifteen and then for Andrew Pern at the The Star Inn, latterly Steve worked closely under the renowned Clare Smyth for six years at Gordon Ramsay’s three Michelin Star, Royal Hospital Road restaurant.
Steve has a passion for cooking with game and this compliments our location being adjacent to the Queen’s stunning Crown Estate. We are lucky enough to count the estate as one of our suppliers meaning we have access to some of the finest wild meat in the country, if not the world.
The Oxford Blue aims to deliver a unique experience merging the highest quality ingredients and classic British recipes with knowledgeable and professional service in a beautifully presented, relaxed environment.
Our growing business requires an experienced bar person to support the Restaurant Manager and Steven in delivering the finest selection of drinks to our guests. The role will be both strategic as well as practical following Steve’s mantra of not expecting others to do what you aren’t willing to do yourself!
Essential traits of the successful applicant will include:
- Previous experience working in a fine dining restaurant or high-level bar.
- Extensive knowledge fine wines, ales, craft lagers, spirits and cocktails.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong cellar and supplier management.
The role provides a generous package with some key highlights as follows:
- Annual salary of up to £20,000 per annum.
- 28 days paid holiday per annum.
- Attractive and consistent working hours.
- Opportunity to pursue professional qualifications.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.